Bolton Medical on 1 March, 2013 announced the Treovance Abdominal Stent-Graft with Navitel Delivery System received CE mark and its international launch. This device will provide physicians with a device indicated for the endovascular treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysms in patients with a proximal neck length of up to 10mm or an infrarenal neck angle up to 75 degrees, according to the company.
The ADVANCE Clinical Study principal investigator, Roberto Chiesa stated: “The Treovance Abdominal Stent-Graft was successfully evaluated during the trial, which assessed its safety and performance in subjects with infrarenal aortic aneurysms. The Treovance design can accommodate different anatomies and is able to tackle common anatomical constraints such as angulated and short necks while delivering good conformability.“
The Treovance Abdominal Stent-Graft includes the following innovative and unique features:
- A tri-modular system offered on a wide range of diameters (20 to 36mm) and lengths (80, 100, and 120mm) for treatment versatility
- A proximal bare stent offering suprarenal fixation as well as supplemental infrarenal fixation for highly angulated necks
- The unique Lock Stent system which engages the Limb Extension to the main body avoiding module disconnection
The Navitel Delivery System includes the following features:
- One of the lowest profile (18Fr) introducers’ on the market, for easier accesseven in small arteries. Moreover, the delivery system has a unique detachable introducer sheath to minimise the number of introductions
- The same pioneering technology as the RELAY Thoracic Stent-Graft: a reliable clasp mechanism which captures the stent-graft proximally and distally for controlled and precise deployment
“We are glad to expand our endovascular solutions from the thoracic to the abdominal arena and we are confident that the product features will advance EVAR to the next level by reducing reintervention rates,” said Guillermo Portabella, CEO, Bolton Medical.